The RPHC has hosted noted scholars who have spent their careers in the field of religion and public health. Below are videos from the “Practices, Peoples, Partnerships, and Politics” conference based on our book Religion as a Social Determinant of Public Health (Ellen Idler, Editor, Oxford University Press) as well as lectures by other noted scholars (including Ellen Idler’s inaugural lecture as the director of the RPHC).
Click on the links below to view the lectures (must have iTunes installed).
February 8, 2010
- Andrea Phelps, PhD, Harvard University
- Tracy Balboni, PhD, Harvard University
- Ellen Idler, Emory University
January 28, 2010
- Ellen Idler, PhD, Director, Religion and Public Health Collaborative
December 2, 2009
- Rev. Paul Germond, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
November 30, 2009
- Steve de Gruchy, PhD, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa